Dag Heward-Mills is an African Evangelist, the founder and general overseer of the United Denominations Originating from the Lighthouse Group of Churches (UD-OLGC, formerly Lighthouse Chapel International). He is qualified medical doctor. In 1991 Dag Heward-Mills gave himself wholly to the work of God and has never looked back. Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills has a multifarious ministry that has transformed and continues to impact millions of lives across the globe. The UD-OLGC denomination has a presence in 94 countries and on all habitable continents. He has over three decades experience in ministry. Dag Heward-Mills’ passion for God’s work has been characterized by building churches and training pastors. Also helping the needy and invalid, authoring, producing music, and speaking at conferences. Further more pastoring young people, and holding massive evangelistic campaigns in many nations. He has been welcomed by many presidents, chiefs, and leaders of nations, and has personally led several of them to Christ. Dag Heward-Mills is greatly admired for his candid and down-to-earth teaching and writing style.
“From today, you can teach…”
In 1988, during his final year of medical school, Dag was on a community health rotation program in a town called Suhum. Dag Heward-Mills (then Brother Dag) was praying in his room on his knees and resting his head on his bed, when he fell asleep. He had left a message preached by Kenneth Hagin playing on repeat. Dag later recounts, “At about 3 a.m., I was kneeling by the bed praying. I could see the tape recorder situated at the other end of the room. Then suddenly, something literally jumped out of the tape which was playing and moved into my belly.
I could feel it entering me. Then I heard a voice saying, “From today, you can teach.” Then I heard another voice, different to the first, that said, “I will prove it to you”. Upon his return to the church in Accra, Dag’s ministry began to change. Today, we witness the tangible effects and undeniable proof of God’s calling on Bishop Dag Heward Mills’ life and the supernatural power behind those words, “From today, you can teach”.
Soul Winning and Church Planting
1. To build 25,000 churches
2. To have Churches in 150 countries
3. To fight fiercely and relentlessly in all battles for the advancement of the churches and the Gospel
4. To produce radical Christians who work for God
5. To go to heaven and to hear Jesus say – “Well done, good and faithful servant”
Statement of Faith
- That God Almighty is the one and only true God.
- That He is three-in-one, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and Creator of all nature.
- That Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary is the only begotten son of the Father.
- That He is God manifested and dwelt among men.
- That all men have sinned and need redemption from their sins in order to have everlasting life in Heaven as opposed to eternal death in Hell.
- That Jesus Christ died for the sins of all mankind on the cross and that salvation is available through Him alone.
- That a Christian is someone who has consciously and willingly accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
- That all activities in the lives of believers must be guided and directed by the Word of God which is the Bible.
- That the ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit to believers, as experienced by the early Church, is for us today.
- That in accordance with the Scriptures, Jesus Christ will come again to reign on Earth and at the final judgement will judge each man individually for what he has believed, done, said and thought.
- LCI has a primary role of preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ by any means which is not contrary to the laws of the country where any LCI church is located.
Church Planting Ministry
It does not take long after getting acquainted with the ministry of Dag Heward-Mills to learn that the planting and building of churches has been at the heart of Dag Heward-Mills’ ministry throughout the years.
He continually encourages pastors to plant churches all over the world and to actually build church buildings. The UD- OLGC, under the direction of Dag Heward-Mills has several hundred church buildings and cathedrals all over the world and has sent hundreds of missionaries to plant churches in the most remote areas of the world.